The daunting expense of professional garden and yard care is no laughing matter; according to studies, the average American household spends between four to seven thousand dollars annually just to maintain their yard’s appearance. If the budget allows, why not? However, for those who want to better manage their finances by utilizing budget-saving strategies, yard care, as Urbana IL yard professionals suggest, should be reassessed. Numerous cost-saving opportunities exist when it comes to garden or yard maintenance; identify all these opportunities and develop a plan to ensure their implementation for your advantage. Here are five tried-and-tested tactics to get you started.
Yard Care in Urbana IL: Effective Cost-Saving Strategies
Our team offers an array of services including:
- Lawn Maintenance
- Lawn Treatments
- Aeration & Overseeding
- Spring & Fall Cleanup
- Landscape Design
- Tree & Shrub Trimming
- Planting Flowers & Shrubs
- Sod Installation
- Mulch Installation
- Landscape Lighting
- Privacy Fences
- Stone Edging
- Erosion Control
- Retaining Walls
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Flagstones & Pavers, and More!
Tried-and-True Cost-Saving Tactics
- Create your own fertilizer. Not many people realize that some of the best nutrients for the soil are readily available at home. Coffee grounds, bone meal, and wood ashes form a potent lawn tonic, rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, promoting healthier grass growth. Your primary investment here is your time.
- Utilize white vinegar. Not only effective for indoor disinfecting and stopping mold proliferation, white vinegar is also quite efficient in eliminating weeds. Fill a spray bottle and generously spritz weeds like dandelion and crabgrass to eradicate them. This simple household solution can help you maintain a weed-free yard for an entire season.
- Regularize clean-up. Although it can be laborious (consider it as a form of exercise), it ensures that you won’t have to hire an exterminator or buy pesticides to get rid of harmful pests. Eliminate stagnated water (to deter mosquitoes), relocate birdfeeders away from your house, and sweep away seeds that attract rodents and bugs.
- Maintain and sharpen your yard and gardening tools. Regular maintenance prevents the transfer of diseases (which can devastate plants and grass, requiring new turf and seedlings) and reduces the time and fuel you spend mowing. Sharp tools make your job much easier and efficient.
- Trim grass no shorter than three inches. Leaving your grass at a decent height makes it more resistant to fluctuating weather conditions. As a result, you won’t need to water as frequently.
Investing in professional yard care doesn’t have to be a financial burden. With the right strategies and a bit of elbow grease, you can maintain a stunning, healthy yard while keeping your expenses under control. We encourage you to reach out to us for a Free Estimate of our comprehensive services, allowing you to reap the benefits without breaking the bank.